Friday, June 5, 2009

Yesterday, Joe Slavich, Caleb Chesnut and I went out into St Charles to film random people on the question "What is God to you?" for a video he is making for this Sunday morning. I was excited to do this because I had never interviewed people before. I also looked forward to seeing what people really believed and saw God as.


As we received many various answers, the hardest part of the whole trip was 1. finding people and 2. getting their answers because they "didn't have time" or want to be on camera. It amazes me how different of an answer we would get when we say we are with a church.



Going in to it, I didn't know what to expect. I figured people would turn us down. I also thought we would get answers like, "God is not real" and so on. People did turn us down but we received no bad answers. Majority of the answers were "God is my saviour" or "God is great."



Almost everyone we talked who took the time to talk to us, had something good to say and acted kind and friendly. It really puzzled me of how many people made such a big deal out of this little question as if they would be on National TV.



We came across one kid who didn't believe in God and his brother who said he was agnostic. A girl we talked to gave us the answer "God is who" leaving me speechless but then she explained she didn't believe in any religion and meant who is God I guess. It seemed like a lot of people would studder to answer and majority who did would throw in the awkward "I even go to church every Sunday and can't think of anything."



Everyone we talked to today gave us a little more specifics of their faith. Some gave more details than others. Majority of the people gave us Bible School answers probably because we said we were with a church. We considered not saying anything about church and Joe even considered saying we were with an atheist organization. Joe never got to that and somehow church always came up no matter what.


I saw the finished video and it looks really nice. I look forward to seeing what God can do with this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment