Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Homeschoolers...

Greetings.
So yesterday I had my weekly English class online. My teacher announced that we would have a "Peer Review" (where we read our papers we had just written over the week to the class.) (They are not my peers. I know them through a chat dialogue box thingamajig.) These kids are in fact home schooled. (Not bashing them or anything) They always have their papers revolved around the topic, "why homeschooling is good" "why homeschoolers are not weird" "Why homeschooling should not be illegal." "why abortion should be illegal. Mine are usually something much different than that and I never really seem to get a great grade. The class is hard though. here are some major rules.

1. NO BE VERBS. (am is are was were be being been) throughout the whole paper.
2. No two sentences may begin with the same word in the same paragraph
3. No starting sentences with articles. ( A, AN, THE)
4. I'm done.

Yesterday, during the peer review, she announced my name and I read my paper aloud to the class through a cheap walmart brand microphone that makes me sound like something I don't want to talk about. After each paper my classmates read, she would say something good like "I look forward to grading this. (because she liked it.) After mine, SHE SAID NOTHING. I was thinking "Worlds best teacher mug?" So now I wait anxiously for my paper to come graded in my inbox Thursday night.... :(

Last week, before class, one kid began to criticize twitter... And the class went crazy. They are totally against it. Now those of you who know me understand that my life revolves around twitter and sometimes facebook. (depending who is online)
The kid who brought it up was like, all it is, is a website where you tell everyone what you are doing. It is so stupid. WRONG to a certain point. Now, that is what a lot of people use it for. Back on topic though, I realized as I typed this huge argument i was going to post, "These kids do not know me. All they know is that I write lame papers. They don't know that I like stupid facebook drama. They don't know that I am often sarcastic. They don't know me." So I thought before I made some kids cry, "Hey, what am I doing? They are home schooled. They are confused." so I then held backspace and erased it all. By the end, I watched them all bash twitter and they still have no idea that I use one. Anyone who is reading this,look into GETTING A TWITTER. That is what my class is like. LAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment