Sunday, May 3, 2009

Worship

Greetings.
Today, we continued our quest through ACTS called "echo." We talked about Paul and Silas in the prison and it really got me thinking, when something bad comes my way, I am not always there to praise God and worship him. I know its bad but it is true. I sometimes find myself wanting to blame him, but at the same time, I understand that bad things happen and road blocks in my life will continue to occur and can only make my faith in God stronger. If I went to jail, (better be for something cool) I really think it would be hard to worship in there. Imagine singing and praising God as your cell mate yells "Shut up! **cuss word here and there** or I will stab you! **more cuss words**" something like that. I think I would find my self praying silently and that it is. Bringing the question back to me from this morning.
How do we worship fully?

One of my favorite quotes from this morning was "Worship must be based on truth. Not what we want God to be."

Then my friend Kyle just sent me a tweet on twitter saying "what happens if the truth is what we want it to be and not what God wants it to be? How do we find truth?"
I honestly don't know. I guess my own opinion is that the Bible is our truth. If we are following something other than the Bible, then all sorts of other truths come to the table. Hope someone will contact me with better info in this topic.

1 comment:

  1. I think that truths are sprinkled all through life and nature and music and philosophy and science. Part of the joy of worshiping is discovering God's truth and beauty in surprising ways. There are a plethora of resources for truth beyond what we read in the Bible and many times the scriptures help us interpret those truths.

    ReplyDelete