Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bari

Today is the first full day in Bari. For lunch, we went to visit a family that has an incredibly nice house. They have Internet! The 6 course meal was pretty much awesome. First they brought out this Lasagna (NO SPELL CHECK) type dish. It was really taste. I ate a lot no knowing there would be more brought out. Then they brought THREE more dishes/plates of Italion food that I couldn't enjoy do to eating to much ofthe other. Then they bring out this huge bowl of fruit that the host grew himself. Next they finally brought out coffee and desert (CAKE) which I couldn't eat due to my allergy to peanuts. (Probably best)

Before the house, we went through all of these villages and after these vllages, the car stopped at this really old fort ruins/looking place. It turns out that this deserted area was the place the allies took over during world war 2. Now the spcial thing about this place was that my Great Grandfather was the chaplin for this group in the war. Thoughout the war, he baptized over 1500 of the soldiers and citizens while stationed there. I didn't know any of this until my grandma showed me all of this today. I didn't know I had family that had to do with the war.

Tomorrow, we will visit the local Christian Church of where we are staying. The average attendance is around 60 people which is really good compared to most churchesvin the area. It will be strange to hear a whole service in a language I don't understand (Italion) including the sermon....

Wish me luck! I would post pictures of some things but I can't figure this pc out.

No comments:

Post a Comment