Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Planes, trains and Everthing else.

Throughout the last four days, I have had no internet to ramble on here and talk to my friends on facebook. Bari was nice. Kindof like Destin Florida. Nice whether and best of all, no Tourists.



Sunday, we visited the local Christian Church of Bari. (one of the dozens of churches my grandma's dad started)(the Chaplen) the attendance was not greater than maybe 40 people. It is really hard for me to understand why a church started over 60 years ago is still the same amount of people. Due to my curiosity, I discovered many reasons after talking with one of the missionaries I am staying with.



-The country itself has always been a catholic nation. throughout the last 50 years, the catholics have managed to hord all of the gold and riches for the church and share nothing with the country. Litterally every oher corner has a homless person on it. Therefore, because of their lack of intrest in their own country, the Italion way of living has reached the point of hating all religion.



-The people of the Christian church have no money. they can not afford to pay preachers. Therfore, a preacher cannot put the amount of time that is need to invest into the church so it will grow spiritually and physically.

Imagine attending the traditional church service you go to every sunday morning you can. You know how things are? You know the songs and what is going on. This time, the "American Hymns" had been translated into Italion. The sermon was in Italion. They stand up during communion. And it is ALL IN ITALION. I heard one word every now and then and that was "Si" (yes) when the church would agree with him.

It was however really inspiring to see a church of 40 sing louder than our 180 people youth service or many churches I have attended with my family across the country. They come to this hour service and no matter where they are, what has gone wrong, any distractions, they just give it all to God. Although, I understood nothing, I got alot out of it. Now I did forget about trying to understand the sermon and I just read through Romans which worked for me.

Today, we saw the Vatican musem (Sisten Chapel) and it was pretty much incredible. I hate musems but this one was an exception. Tomorrow morning, we leave the house at 5:30 to check in for our 11:45 flight. I know, "What is she thinking getting there 3 hours early!!!" My grandma is convinced you cannot get on the plane if you are not there that early. If that is the airport's rule and ou cannot get on the plane, I am ticked off. They just want me to spend 5 dollars on a coke!!!

Anyway, this trip has been really awesome and I have learned alot about myself through it. I understand there is no spell check and you are probably thinking can't he just proof read? NO. I am going to bed now. it is 11:40 and I am tired. It is sad that it has come to an end but I am ready for some family and Chick-Fil-A. Good night!!! Pray my flight doesn't crash over the water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment